Calligraphy with The Weekend Type
I’m Korie, and I’m a calligrapher based in Houston, TX! I love being able to sit down with a bride and help her figure out a way to really set the tone of her wedding through her addressed envelopes! She knows how she wants her guests to feel upon receiving her wedding invitation since it’s the first impression of EVERYTHING, and I get to help her achieve that! So fun!
I love the concept of helping a deserving couple achieve the wedding of their dreams! It was a no brainer to join the party!
3 essential tips for the planning bride-to-be
- Your wedding invitation is the first thing guests will experience when it comes to your wedding. And the one thing before that is the envelope that houses said invitation! It’s worth investing some serious thought into making the envelope something beautiful your guests will receive in the mail. Everyone loves pretty mail!
- The style of your wedding can definitely be reflected in the style of your envelope calligraphy! From color combinations, address layouts, and calligraphy styles, to other hand done touches. The options are endless here!
- If you use one vendor to design your invitation suite, and another to do the envelopes, make sure the suite as a whole is cohesive together to achieve the overall look you are after.
How we’ve applied all of this to Alex and Laura’s dream wedding:
- I loved working on these envelopes for Laura and Alex’s wedding! She had a clear vision from the beginning of what she wanted her envelopes to look like, which made my job easy!
- Laura and Alex’s envelopes were blush A7’s with gold ink laid out with a diagonal slant. The goal was soft and romantic, and that’s exactly what her envelopes looked like!
- Jess from Jess Creates designed the invitation, which is AMAZING!! I also contributed some spot calligraphy into the suite to tie in the calligraphy that would be on the envelopes. The soft blush envelopes with gold ink go with Jess’ invitation design like peas and carrots. I hope their guests enjoy receiving these in the mail!
Thanks for visiting A Wedding Collective Giveaway, and please continue to visit as updates roll out!! We hope you enjoyed this post and continue to join us for more helpful and inspiring posts in the future. We’re all really friendly too, so please follow along with us using hashtag #AWeddingCollectiveGiveaway and by following these AMAZING vendors: @katelynjames @shaina_koren @bigspringva @amandaveronee @paisleyandjade @tarteventco @highcottonties @emilyhudspeth @jesscreates @sorbysweet @tiffanysbridal @theweekendtype and Chef’s Catering
Venue | BIG SPRING FARM
Cinematographer |SHAINA KOREN CINEMATOGRAPHY
Event Planning + Design | TART EVENT, CO.
Floral Stylist | AMANDA VERONEE
Invitation Design | JESS CREATES
Eclectic + Vintage Rentals | PAISLEY & JADE
DJ | SHANER SOUND
Dress | TIFFANY’S BRIDAL
Cake Design | SORBY SWEETS
Hair + Make Up | EMILY HUDSPETH
Men’s Apparel | HIGH COTTON TIES
Hand Calligraphy | THE WEEKEND TYPE
Catering | CHEFS CATERING